About Foredom® K.2220 System with SR Motor and H.20 Quick-Change Handpiece
The Foredom flex shaft (or pendant drill) is an essential part of every jeweler's workbench. A powerful motor that is suspended above the workbench, either on a hook or on the Optional Foredom stand, (Not included). It hangs like a pendant – hence the name. Attached to the motor is a long flexible shaft (again hence the name) with the handpiece at the end. Unlike a typical power tool, the flexible shaft means the motor is not held in the hand. This makes the handpiece small and maneuverable. The motor is controlled by a sensitive foot pedal allowing precise control right at your fingertips.
The Foredom Flex shafts offer USA quality, with solid metal housings, smooth, vibration-free movement, and high torque, high power motors. A huge assortment of interchangeable handpieces is available. Together with a vast array of accessories and burs. So, whatever the task, Foredom has a handpiece and accessory for you.
The K2220 is a complete kit, ready to go out of the box, simply hang up, plug in, and go. It comes complete with the Foredom SR motor, featuring 1/6 HP, with a reverse feature operating at up to 18,000 rpm. With solid metal housing, it's robust, and powerful, taking all the work out of sanding, grinding, and polishing. Note that both 220v and 110v versions are available. Control is via the included Foredom Foot pedal, made from tough abs, it offers smooth consistent control through the entire speed range.
The 39” flex shaft incorporates a key tip design for rapid changing of handpieces, which just snap on and off. The 2220 Kit comes with the Foredom H20 quick change handpiece. Designed to work with Foredom and other popular accessories mounted on 3/32” shanks. Simply flip the lever, swap the accessory and flip back to lock into the chuck. No chuck keys, or wrenches just Simple, fast and one handed changing. Ideal for working at the bench when you are constantly swapping accessories. It also features a pencil grip, allowing fingertip control for engraving.
Pro Tip: - Note this quick-change handpiece is not compatible with Dremel sized accessories. If upgrading from such a rotary tool, see the H30 Handpiece as a great addition, allowing the use of non-standard accessories.Designed for the jeweler, this kit contains an assortment of accessories to get you started, including drilling sanding, and polishing accessories. Including an accessory stand. Contents may vary slightly but typically include…
Grinding stones, for shaping and smoothing metals, rubber wheels, and points for polishing metals. A Selection of nylon and wire brushes for cleaning and polishing small items. Sanding drums, for material removal on metal and wood. cotton polishing mop for final polishing on precious metals, with the polishing compound. There is also a range of burs for engraving and cutting. An ideal gift for any jewelry, hobbyist, or crafter.
Note this kit does not include the Flex shaft stand. It is designed for attaching to a hook or bracket on the wall. For a quick and movable option, see the optional Foredom Stand
Check out the Pepetools blog for lots of advice on the many handpieces available !
This flex shaft system includes the more powerful Foredom® SR motor. System includes:
- The powerful, 1/6hp ball bearing 18,000rpm SR motor has a switch for forward or reverse direction.
- Foredom H.20 quick-change handpiece, holds any 3/32"-shank accessory and changes them quickly with just one hand.
- Foredom® FCT-1 slip-resistant, heavy-duty, solid-state electronic foot control with plastic housing that allows control from low to full speed.
- The flexible shaft with quick-detach feature accepts any Foredom® handpiece except H.30H, H.44HT and H.28H.
- Foredom H.20 quick-change handpiece, especially ideal for precision tasks such as prong-setting and seat-cutting, accepts any 3/32"-shank accessory.
- 43-piece accessory kit, which contains a rotating bur and tool holder, mounted points, wire and bristle brushes, sanding drums, 3M radial bristle discs, assorted buffs, polishing wheels, compound, mandrels and flex shaft grease.
- Limited two-year warranty on motor and foot control; 90-day warranty on handpiece.
Helping you to
Show us what you're creating