About Fretz® F-1 Specialized Miniature Beak Forming Stake
- Simply the highest-quality hammers in the world
- Specially crafted for jewelers and miniature work
- Fretz Hammers & Stakes are made from 420 hardened stainless steel
- Stake Only, Stake Holder Sold Separately
- 82MM (length) x 13.24mm (width)
- 4oz weight
- Polished and hardened stainless steel
This specially designed miniature beak forming stake from Fretz® rolls the edge of a cone or tube shape inward, producing a slightly more tapered end than with other stakes. The miniature scale of this stake is perfect for jewelry or small sculptural work. During the forming process, the stake supports the metal while it is shaped directly with a hammer. By working the metal on different areas of the stake, you can control the shape and dimension of the metal.
Designed by Bill Fretz, miniature stakes are specially created for smaller-scale shaping and forming such as rings, bezels and small vessels that can be difficult to make using full-sized stakes. The shapes and sizes of these stakes allow you to precisely shape smaller bezels for rings, bracelets and pendants by stretching the metal to form curves, cups and rims.
Helping you to
Show us what you're creating