Meet The World’s Most Powerful & Simple Jewelry Welder.
Built with cutting-edge technology, the Orion welder simplifies the art of creating beautiful permanent jewelry that lasts a lifetime. This small powerhouse welding machine is affordable and small in size, making it the perfect addition to your home or a busy workshop. It’s easy to use and perfect for jewelers welding on a light-duty cycle. It beautifully handles silver, gold, and most jewelry metals, so creativity isn’t limited, and the lasting durability of its’ welded jewelry is unmatched.
What People Are Saying About Orion
It works amazing. Makes permanent jewelry super easy and fun. We can run it from a small solar generator battery for hours.
LOVE IT!!! BEST INVESTMENT
LOVE IT!!! BEST INVESTMENT. High quality. Buy the gas, regulator, and extra electrodes while your at it!
Orion mPulse is Great!
I have recently opened a permanent jewelry business, jumping on the bandwagon, and I have loved this welder! It’s simple, safe and easy. It’s worth every penny. The customer service was also outstanding. 100% recommend.
Check out some of our User’s pictures and videos
How To Use Orion
Choose your spool of chain.
Add a jump ring to the end of your chain.
Weld the jump ring to the chain.
Orion mPulse 30 Pulse-Arc Welding System (Starter Kit)
IN STOCK, SHIPS SAME DAY
Hurry! With countless 5 star
reviews, this machine will go quick!
Orion Product Description
Built with leading-edge technology Orion is continually improving, the mPulse 30 allows almost any shop to cost-effectively add arc-welding capability to their processes! This small powerhouse is priced at a fraction of full-function Orion pulse-arc welding machines and is designed to serve the needs of jewelers welding on a light-duty cycle, making occasional quick, small welding tasks in the course of their day-to-day work. The mPulse beautifully handles silver, gold and most other jewelry metals. And, because conserving space can be a constant struggle in a busy shop, the 5-1/4" x 5-1/2" footprint is a real space-saver.
- Power settings range from 5 to 30 watt-seconds, adjustable by 2.5 watt-second increments.
- Spot size ranges from 1 to 1.5mm.
- The touchscreen measures a generous 4-3/8"W x 2-3/4"H.
- The welding station allows both height adjustment and angle adjustment of the stylus holder.
- The mPulse welding station includes a lighted 3-1/2"W x 1-1/2"H view screen with manually adjustable darkening shutter (Shade 5 to Shade 12) to protect eyes when the arc fires. (Upgrade to a viewing station with an automatically darkening shutter, available separately)
- Welding unit measures just 5-1/2"W x 5-1/4"D x 3-3/8"H; welding station measures 6-1/4"W x 10"D x 9-1/2"H.
- Accommodates the optional use of argon gas to protect workpieces against oxidation.
- The unit is designed for use with either 110-volt or 220-volt power sources.
- Pulse arc base unit with touchscreen and dual voltage power cable.
- Welding stand with stylus dock, UV light bars and viewing screen with manually adjustable darkening shutter—Shade 5 to Shade 12.
- Welding stylus with collet and an alligator clip with lead.
- 5 tungsten electrodes
- Diamond electrode sharpener.
- USB port and cable.
- Argon gas tubing.
- Fiberglass brush surface cleaner.
- Instructional handbook.
- Brand : Orion
- Model or style no. : mPulse 30
- Dimensions : 5-1/4"W x 5-1/2"D x 3-1/2"H
- Voltage : 110/220 volts (dual)
- Country of origin : United States
- Welds per second: 0.66
- Spot weld size: 1–1.5mm
- Energy output: 5–30 watt-seconds
- Adjustable by: 2.5 watt-seconds
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need argon gas and a regulator?
Using Argon gas with a pulse arc welder can help to improve the performance and quality of the welds produced. Argon is an inert gas that is commonly used in pulse arc welding because it helps to stabilize the arc and produce a higher quality weld. The gas helps to reduce the amount of oxygen and other contaminants in the welding area, which can lead to a more consistent and reliable weld.
Additionally, using Argon gas can give the welder more control over the weld, as the gas helps to stabilize the arc and reduce spatter. This can make it easier to produce precise and accurate welds, especially in situations where precision is important.
Using Argon gas can also increase the efficiency of the welding process by reducing the amount of time needed to complete a weld. This is because the gas helps to stabilize the arc and reduce the amount of heat lost to the surroundings, which can lead to faster welding speeds.
Finally, using Argon gas can help to increase the safety of the welding process. The gas is NOT flammable Additionally, the gas can help to reduce the amount of harmful fumes produced during the welding process, which can help to improve the working environment for the welder.
Do I need a plier kit?
A great set of pliers and wire cutters are necessary to achieve a great weld. The plier kit sold by Pepetools is a curated collection of the highest quality chain pliers for fine jump rings, which help closing the jump rings to achieve a great weld. The cutters are important to achieve a flush cut - the closer and cleaner the cut, the higher quality weld you can achieve.
Where are Orion welders made?
Orion welding machines are made in the USA.
What do I need to start a permanent jewelry business?
The most important thing you’ll need is a pulse arc welder. Soldering is not a good choice to avoid burning your customers. A permanent jewelry welder such as the Orion is safe, quick, and requires little training. You’ll also need chain cutters, starter chains, protective glasses, and argon gas.